Valid from: 10, 2015.
This privacy notice applies to www.laspuertasdetepoztlan.mx, which ownership and management is responsibility of Hotel Las Puertas de Tepoztlan. This privacy notice describes how do we collect and use the personal data you give to us through the website www.laspuertasdetepoztlan.mx It also describes the options you have regarding of the use we give to your personal data and how you can access and update this information. We might change this privacy statement every now and then, so come back again and check this page often to stay updated.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
The type of personal data we collect includes:
- Your name, last name, e-mail address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card data (type of card, number of credit card, cardholder, expiration date and security code);
- Information of the stay of the guests, including check in and check out dates, special requests, comments about your preferences (such as room preferences, facilities or any used service);
- Information you provide about your marketing preferences or if you participate in surveys, raffles or special offers;
- When you visit our website, even when you’re not making a reservation, we might collect some data like your IP address, the browser you’re using and data about your operating system, app version, language settings and the pages we’ve shown you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies you device, its specific settings and data about latitude/longitude and the characteristics. When you’re making a reservation, our system registers through what device and from what pages you have made it. If this information can get to identify you as an individual person it’s considered personal data and is subject to this privacy notice.
You can always choose what personal data (if there’s any) you want to give us. Nevertheless, if you choose not to share certain data, this can affect some of the transactions you’re doing with us.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: we use your personal data to complete and manage your online reservation and to send you a confirmation e-mail, an e-mail before your arrival and to provide information about the area and our hotel.
- Customer service: we use your personal data for customer service purposes.
- Comments from customers: we might use your contact information to invite you, via e-mail, to write a comment or review right after your stay. This way you can help other travelers to choose the lodging option that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, according to the permitted by law.
- Other communications: in other occasions we might get in touch via e-mail, mail, phone or message depending on the contact info you share with us. The reasons might be:
• That we might have to answer and manage requests you have made.
• If you haven’t finished an online reservation, we might send you a reminder to continue with it. We believe this additional service might be useful for you because it allows continuing with the reservation without having to look for accommodation again or filling out all the booking forms from the beginning.
• When you use our services, we might send you a survey or invite you to give your opinion about your experience with our website.
• Fulfilling legal obligations: we might use your personal data to fulfill legal obligations.
• Detection and prevention: we might use your personal data for detection and prevention of frauds and other illicit or undesired activities.
• Improvement of our services: we use your personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services and the user experience, as well as the functions and quality of our online travel services.
How do we share your personal data with third parties?
We might share your personal data with third parties, as it follows:
- Service providers: We might use service providers to process your personal data in our name. This processing takes place for purposes like easing the reservations payments, sending marketing materials or analytical support services. The processing is subject to confidentiality clauses and is not allowed the use of your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose at all.
- Authorities: we provide personal information to the law and other authorities as required by law or when is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of personal information
We keep your personal data for as long as we consider it necessary to provide our services, comply with the applicable laws (including the retention of documents), resolving any dispute between the parts and continue with our business. All the personal data we keep will be subject to this privacy statement.
What is a cookie?
How do we use the cookies?
Our goal is to offer you an advanced and intuitive webpage that responds to your needs and preferences. In order to achieve this, our web page uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: we use technical cookies to show you our web page. These cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to work properly.
- Functional cookies: we also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our web page in an efficient way.
- Analytical cookies: we use these cookies to understand how you use our web page, detect what works and what doesn’t work, optimizing and improving the web and make sure that remains interesting and relevant. The data we collect include the web pages you have visited, reference pages you have visited and left, type of platform you use, date/hour and number of clicks you have made in a determined page, movements of the mouse and text you write when you use our website. These analytical cookies can collect personal data.
For how long do our cookies remain active?
The cookies we use have different useful life depending on the purpose they’re used form. The maximum duration is five years from your last visit to our website. You can delete all the cookies of your browser whenever you want.
Yes, we use the services from providers with analytical purposes, for instance Booking.com These tracking and analysis technologies include: cookies, visitor counters, tags and scripts. Booking can add cookies for their own purposes, as described in http://www.booking.com/content/privacy.html. The tracked information is used in Hotel Las Puertas de Tepoztlan for the marketing automation, the management of relationships with the customer and commercial intelligence systems. These technologies are used in the analysis of tendencies, website management, tracking of the user’s movements in the website and to collect demographic data about our users base. We might receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies in an individual or collective way. The providers we work with are committed to establish a responsible trade and good standards and practices in the management of the data.
How can I manage the cookies preferences?
Using the settings option in your browser, for instance Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can establish what cookies do you accept and which ones you don’t. The settings are in different places depending on the browser you use. You can go to the section “Help” of your browser to locate it.
What security procedures do we apply in order to protect your personal data?
We use the proper business systems to protect and safeguard any personal data you give to us. Plus, we use security procedures and physical and technical restrictions to access and use the personal data in our servers. Only authorized staff is allowed to access the personal data while they’re developing their work.
Access to information
How can you control the personal data you have given to us?
You have the right to check the personal data we have. You can send a request of your personal data via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Request of Personal Information”.
We ask that your personal data is right and updated. If the personal data we have of you is incorrect, outdated or irrelevant for the purposes it was collected form, we’ll update it or delete it if you request it. You can get in touch with us in firstname.lastname@example.org’ll answer to your request in 30 days, nevertheless, it is possible that we might have to keep certain information, for legal or administrative reasons, to keep track or detect illegal activities.
Get in touch with us
The Hotel Las Puertas de Tepoztlan controls the processing of personal data collected from the website and the cookies. The Hotel Las Puertas de Tepoztlan in Jardinera #14, Barrio Santisima Trinidad. If you have any suggestion, request or comment about privacy, personal data, cookies and how do we manage your personal data, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com